Web This site only

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Fantasy Football Team

I recently started a team in a Yahoo Public League for fun. It won't be my serious team in a league with my friends but I thought I'd make a riskier team. The team was autodrafted based on my pre-draft ranking so it didn't turn out great but here are the players I ended up with after adding and releasing a few players.

QB
Trent Green, KC
Mark Brunell, WAS
Aaron Brooks, OAK

RB
Stephen Jackson, STL
Warrick Dunn, ATL
Laurence Maroney, NE
Cedrick Benson, CHI

WR
Randy Moss, OAK
Hines Ward, PIT
Roy Williams, DET
Eric Moulds, HOU

TE
Randy McMichael, MIA
LJ Smith, PHI

K
Seabass, OAK

DEF
Pittsburg

My QB situation is pretty difficult. I picked Aaron Brooks after the draft (he went undrafted) and was planning on getting rid one of the other two but can't decide which one. Trent Green has been pretty solid every season but Brunell should be pretty good too with all the additions that the Redskins have made at WR. I am thinking of trying to trade Brunell just because he hasn't been as consistent over his career.

At RB, I may not have any of the "elite" guys but I am pretty happy with my players. I think Stephen Jackson is going to have a break out year and be one of the top 5 RBs in the league this season. Warrick Dunn is looking pretty good if the Duckett trade rumors have any substance and Cedrick Benson is looking to be the starter in Chicago. I will probably drop Maroney just because I usually don't put much faith in rookies.

WR is probably my best position. Moss is the best WR in the league and Hines Ward should be even more of a factor in Pittsburg's offense with the Steelers looking the throw the ball more (The Big Ben accident concerns me a little bit though). Roy Williams is Detroit's number one man and should have a better year with a new QB in Motor City. Moulds is a pretty solid backup. He will be the No 2 guy in Houston but should fill in during bye weeks. I will be looking to add another WR with Brunell and Maroney as trade bait.

I am solid at TE with McMichael. He should benefit with Culpepper this season. LJ Smith has had some success with the Eagles and should be a solid backup.

A lot of people are probably scared of Jano right now but if he can find some consistency he should have a good season within Oakland's high powered offense.

The Steelers defense is a solid fill. They have a lot of playmakers and should be just as good as they've been in recent years.

As you can tell, I am putting more faith in the Raiders this season. I have quite a few Oakland players which may hurt in week 3 but I think the Raiders will suprise a lot of teams this season and the players I have should be a large part of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Feel free to join this league if you would like. It will be blazin!

http://donth8.blogspot.com/2006/06/dont-h8-fantasy-football.html

6/20/2006 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home